Sunday, 2 August 2009

.x. R.I.P Carl Beatson a.k.a Charmz .x.



I don't know the statistics BUT today it became one more TOO many teenagers to be killed by knife crime this year, or ANY OTHER year for that matter.

My boooo, a very good friend of mine Carl Beatsons aka Charmz, one half of the spectacular Kid n Play Dj duo was killed early this morning [1st August] outside a rave called 'Summer Vybz' in Vauxhall by an unknown knifer.

Today has been EMOTIONAL.

He was in uni, my uni, where I met him. Looking foward to his second year this October, his head was SCREWED on! Then somebody had to take his life away, for WHAT REASON?!?!?!

Is there EVER a good enough reason? [sigh]

It sickens me and upsets me to say that this most probably UNFORTUNATELY wouldn't be the last time an event like this takes place in the streets of London. It's SAD and PATHETIC!

If YOU think carrying a knife around for WHATEVER reason is OK, then YOU are part of the knife culture in London and it NEEDS to come to an END!

I'm upset and deeply hurt now but life DOES go on, unfortunately WITHOUT Carl but hey, these things make you stronger, it kinda ain't sunk in properly if I may tell you the truth, I been tryna keep my mind off things but it's DIFFICULT!

Sayper [Peter] the other half of Kid n Play was ALSO injured in the NONSENSE that took place outside the rave and is in hospital recovering thank God. My prayers are with BOTH families and I wish Sayps a SPEEDY recovery.

I could sit here and PREACH about why knife/gun crime/ASSAULT is BAD. But you ain't gaaan2 listen2 me and SADLY one voice canNOT make a whole load of difference, everybody controls their actions and everyone knows what's right and what's wrong.

The choice is YOURS!




x Love Life [before it's too late] & Smile x

15 comments:

  1. RIP CARL.....DMU WIL MISS U CARL...BUT AM SURE U IN A BETTER PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not right bring it to an end now R.i.p Carl the pain is over. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. First let me offer my condolences, it is always a shame when a young person dies of unatural causes. I would like to leave my message of hope, that some day this craziness with knife crime, guns, hate, violence can cease. If not to spare the life of young talented people, then for the ache and emptiness left behind for their families and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is surreal.....i didn't know him well.....but kid n play came to do a rave at my uni.....they tore it up.....he seemed like such a nice guy and everyone talks about how he was so humble and never into the hype life....God needed him so He took him back.....R.I.P. and my deepest condolences to his family x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't believe it happened to him. We use to holla bak in the selhurst days and now he's gone just lyk that. TELL ME HOW COME? and WHY? are the only question running through my head all day.... This guy was talented with the mic and blessed in so many ways.

    CHARMZ YOU'LL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED BY ALL OF US and SAYPES STAY STRONG G

    CARL BEATSON 1989-2009
    R.I.P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. didnt know him but he knew alot of my friends RIP charmz....clearly made an impact
    LOVE life and LIVE if to the fullest xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Children of London
    A family cries.
    A mother weeps
    A father silened by the youth of today
    A sister screams
    A brother scarred
    Why do we keep coming back to these situations
    A tru solja stolen from the hearts
    A stolen chance
    But in all our hearts
    You will always remain

    Please STOP the knife and gun crime.
    How many more fallen angels??
    STOP sending blessings away too soon!
    RIP CHARMS. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you Carl ill never forget our memories :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're writing a tribute piece for Carl.
    I'm looking for anyone who knew him who wants to say a few words about the guy he was.
    I also would like to run some good pictures of him so if anyone has any photos they could send that would be much appreciated.
    I'd also really like to talk to DJ Sayps. Does anyone know his real name or how he can be contacted? It sounds like he was his best friend so we'd like a tribute from him.
    Any help is much appreciated.
    Kind regards,
    Peter Truman
    Croydon Guardian
    020 8330 9556
    07825 715340
    ptruman@london.newsquest.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. carl you where such a baby. and i feel i keep asking the same question...Why? i dont understand and i wish someone out the could help me. it wasnt your time.

    Farewell my fallen star, now you can fly with the angels

    you where loved x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. R.I.P. Carl, this is such a sad and upsetting time for everyone. My prayers are with your family. Sleep well your in a better place now. We love you x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carl played the drums at the church my mum attends,the space is now empty,all because of envy... to Carls entire family i pray the Spirit of the Lord comfort u and give u all strength in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  13. JAY-ANN OH MA DAIZ WTZ DIZ WRLD CUMIN 2 LYKE SUMTIN NEEDZ 2 BE DUN R.I.P CHARMZ ULL BE MADLY MISSED

    ReplyDelete
  14. i miss lil bro... is funny how am calling you lil and i don't hear i aint lil nana aba lol. when u gonna come DMU lol, remember saying uni aint me fam, dont watch that, then you would say what is there to watch lol. guess wat babz am at uni now and am gonna do u proud.
    tell ruth i love her... i miss u man, it still aint sunk in my head yet, it feel like some holiday ting, like am gonna see u in south someday then it hits me nah your really gone. i got more than £20 so am balling yer lol.
    u aint gonna hurt no more, all smiles baby
    love you aint never gonna forget you.
    rip carl#xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. man like charmz shud not of died wen i find dem S U K yutes ima kil dem all nuff luv R I P CHARMZ

    yung charmz

    ReplyDelete